And a Thirty Aught Six

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Picture, pictures

Continuing the theme of bandwidth doesn't cost me anything...

I missed the Cherry Blossoms this year, but here's a picture from there last year of a rather plump duck. (I had just gotten a quasi-macro lens, so I had to play with it)


Next up is a picture of the folks who run the bed and breakfast my wife and I stayed at for a good portion of our honeymoon in Montana. They run Elijah's Rest in Laurin (pronounced "Luray" with the accent wherever you darn well want to put it), near Virginia City, the local army surplus store, he's on the search and rescue squad--he got a call while we were there and borrowed my little GPS unit-- and he's the local pastor. The picture is of the two of them immediately after church. The tent is the church. And yes, he does dress like that for church. If you look carefully, you can see his holster and belt. The cartridges are real (they're his bear loads) but the gun is a pellet gun, at least when he goes to church. Sorry for the poor picture, it was bright and sunny out, and the background is blinding white... it's the best I could do.


This next one is from "North America's only bed and breakfast and wolf sanctuary" err... in the wild, yeah... that's it...



The last picture is of Jackson lake my wife took on our honeymoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home