And a Thirty Aught Six

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

W.E.C.S.O.G, here I come!

I noticed in disassembling the new mauser that the recoil lug is either missing, or the stock has the cut for the recoil lug shaped for a different rifle. The lug doesn't touch wood. So, I guess this would be as good a time as any to glass bed the rifle. And, while I'm at it, to install one of the Timney triggers with the safety. Midway had them on sale for $65. However, the package won't arrive until next week, when I'll be away on a business trip. So, when I get back, I'll have to post about how it works out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm a little aprehensive about bedding an action that has the guard screws screw into the recoil lug. It seems like that creates all sorts of new ways to screw up.

1 Comments:

  • I put a Timney trigger on a Mauser several years ago; it's great!

    By Blogger Firehand, at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home